Unless it's photographed by me, all pictures are taken from vi.sualize.us or Google Image

Monday 23 March 2015

When I feel like writing something. . .

Nothing can beat the pleasure of eating ice cream from the bucket! Try it and you'll believe me. Working double shifts for three days in a row last week, I knew I deserved a treat. So yesterday (Sunday) I went to Woolies and bought me a peanut butter and chocolate flavoured ice cream. I ate it last night and tonight. It's such a pleasure, you know, sitting on a couch in PJ and scooping down the ice cream. I know it's a big no no and it's going to worsen the sore throat I've been having for almost a week now. But I don't care. The weather is hot and probably today is the last day we get the warmth. Enjoy the ice cream now and deal with sore throat later. 

I didn't finish the whole bucket anyway. Too much, even for me. 

Tonight I was actually going to write about a particular topic that has been bothering me for quite a while. But I don't feel like writing something that requires a deep thought and I have to rack my brain out to make the words. Because I spent my whole day at uni today, from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. I had three lectures and two group meetings. I have used my brain to its full capacity. So I'll leave the topic for next time. Besides, I predict that it would turn into a rant and I'm too tired for it anyway. 

I was also planning to call Mum but then decided not to. I don't think I can take up any depressing story about Dad. I know there's something happened at home. How do I know it? Well, I just do, sometimes without having to ask or having them telling me. I call it an instinct. Or more like a hunch. It's probably something that I got from living far away from my family. No doubt Mum would fill me in if I called and it would send me to space to hear the story. 

I do feel guilty for not wanting to know what happened or not wanting to listen to her when she probably needs me. But . . . I just can't take it. Not tonight. Not when I'm having a busy week ahead, and the last thing I want is me escaping to space and lose control. 

I sent her a text instead and she said she's alright. That should be enough to make me feel at ease until I'm ready to call her. Which won't take a long time anyway. I'll definitely call her tomorrow because I also know she was feeling unwell the other day; sore throat, cough and cold. I will check up on her. 

That's about it for tonight. I'm off to bed with Birdy singing. 

Until next post.

2 comments:

bybyq said...

It surprised me but I think people in this part of the world that ice cream is actually the remedy for sore throat... Or probably just a good excuse to eat more ice cream lol.

Get well soon, Rae

Rae said...

Then I might finish the bucket before the weather gets too cold for ice cream. LOL.