Unless it's photographed by me, all pictures are taken from vi.sualize.us or Google Image

Sunday 1 March 2015

Fifth Year Anniversary

Hey it's March! And you know what? My blog turned 5! Secret on Screen (I abbreviate it to SoS) is now 5. Cool, hey? I would call it an achievement because, hey, have you ever tried keeping a blog for five years without slacking off? Not easy. I slack off, I stuck, hell, I get lazy, too. And when I hit what-so-called writer's block, I can hardly free myself from it. Other time, I feel chatty that the words are bubbling up in my head and I just have to write them down. That's when I become productive. Either way, SoS has served me well by being the canvas for me to paint my words.

Let me tell you the story behind this blog. The idea of SoS is to tell the story of my gay side. You know, the kind of story that I can't tell people; my crush on some girl, relationships and everything that screams gay. Hence the name "Secret". Well, that's the original purpose of SoS. During the five years I've been writing not only the gay story but also about my whole life; my day-to-day life, my goals, my dreams, my family, and everything else. Somehow I have this thought that maybe from this blog some people might get to know that some lesbians do live a normal life. And to tell the world that our lives is not just about finding a true love and full of mellow-dramatic and angst love story. We're no different with anyone else, and by anyone else I mean hetero people. It might seem too idealistic, I know, but hey it doesn't hurt anybody for me to try it. Right? Hopefully I can keep SoS for as long as I can.

So, for the celebration I got myself a large cup of hazelnut cappuccino. Actually, I got two things to celebrate. One being the fifth year anniversary of SoS, and two being me successfully completed semester 2 2014. Yip, I got the result for my deferred exams on Friday and I passed them all. Yay! Against all the obstacles I faced during the semester, I managed to do well in final exam. I was so happy I fist-pumped in the air and screamed "hell yes!" in the public transport. That made some passengers turn their head on me and look at me in wonder. I grinned as a response and they smiled knowingly. They probably thought I won a lottery or something.

For tonight I feel everything is fine and for the first time I feel relaxed and relieved. I know I can't get too carried away because uni starts tomorrow. I haven't cleared my desk and prepared for uni. But I peeked over the course announcements and oh my god I have tons of pre-class reading materials. Not a problem. I can do it within next week. I will. I promise. This time I won't screw up. I can't screw up. Regaining my focus now. But for tonight, I'm just gonna enjoy the last night of break. Starting tomorrow, it'll be all studying and working.

Repeating my mantra: You can do it, Rae!

Until next post.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol,since when you have that mantra? All bad things happen but you can pass one by one. I pray the best for you rae ;)

Rae said...

Since I invented it lol

bybyq said...

Congratulations!!
Maintaining a blog is definitely not easy. Especially when blog is no longer considered "cool" thing like it was five-six years ago.
Keep writing, Rae. I really enjoy your blog.

Byq

Rae said...

Thanks, Byq :D

@kakatebs said...

Yeiiiii slmat rae.awal yg baik dibulan maret :))

Rae said...

Weee, tumben nongol di sini. Biasanya di Twitter, Teb. :))