Unless it's photographed by me, all pictures are taken from vi.sualize.us or Google Image

Tuesday 17 March 2015

A Good Day

It feels so good to be able to eventually lie on bed after a long, wicked day. To feel the body relaxed and slowly drifting to sleep. With slow and soothe music playing, it brushes all the stress that tensing me all day today. You know, the usual things: work, study, group meeting and so on.

Let me tell you about my day. Today I had an argument with the manager at work. Well, it wasn't quite an argument. It was more like me standing up for myself against the manager. It's something that my old self would never do. I would never reason with people and just let them think and judge me as to what they see. But today was different. I spoke out. I stood up for myself when I was being "accused" for not being efficient and multitasking at work. I reasoned with the manager why, in that particular time during work, I wasn't being multitasking. While any other time, when she wasn't looking, I do multitask. At the end, she appologised and I accepted it. All cleared. No hard feelings. 

Oh. And today I did something else extraordinary. I can't tell you yet what it is. But I ensure you that it's such a big leap in my life. A big STEP. It's something that I never thought I could do. The thought of this could be a mistake still lingers in the back of my head. I feel like I've made a bad decision regarding this matter but it's already done and can never be undone. All I can do now is live with it. To look at the bright sight, I've made a progress; I stepped forward. This suppose to be a good thing. Right. 

Also today I had a group meeting to discuss the assignment I mentioned in the previous post; the one assignment that is due in Week 4, which is next week from now. Yip, I finally got a team mate. We figured out the case study and divided the tasks need to be done within an hour. Not bad. 

Then I went home, showered, studied a bit for an hour and half, and finished reading The Whispering Skull (Lockwood & Co. series by Jonathan Stroud). 

I am now enjoying the nighttime, brushing off all the thoughts from my head and dropping all the stress. This is my favourite time of the day. I really should do this more often and I will. 

Alright. I can feel the sleepiness creeping in and my eyes are shutting. (Thanks to Jeff Buckley for singing Hallelujah.)

I'm falling asleep . . . .

Until next post. 

Oh, Ps. Hope you have a good day/night, too. (I'm falling asleep to the Cranberries singing Linger now.) 

3 comments:

bybyq said...

I am so glad that the storm has passed and you are having a great day.

Talking about being assertive, I think it is somewhere in our culture, where we learned that it is not nice to be too confrontational. So if it is not about life or death, just keep silent and avoid the conversation altogether.

It seems that we often mistake assertiveness with aggressiveness. In Indonesia, perhaps when you talk to your superior that you think their valuation about your work is unfair, they would take offence. But, apparently, it's not in "western" culture.

I think it is reflected in personal/romantic relationships too. Many asian couples have problems with discussing about what bothers them the most. They wouldn't have such a problem mentioning small things, but at the same time they would avoid talking about the 'real deal'.

wow that's a long comment. Sorry Rae... :p

bybyq said...

Anyway, I am really interested in this entry. If you don't mind, is it okay for me to refer to this particular post on my blog?
Thank you, Rae :)

Rae said...

Go for it, Byq. I'm more than happy for you to do it ;)