Unless it's photographed by me, all pictures are taken from vi.sualize.us or Google Image

Thursday 5 March 2015

How Week 1 Feels Like

The moment Week 1 starts, my brain is still on break mode. On the first day (Monday), I came in to lectures totally unprepared. That is such a bad move, really. Luckily, I wasn't the only student who was completely oblivious as half of the class were unprepared, too. I breathed out a sigh of relieve because half of the class and I are probably going to suffer the entire semester together.

Let me tell you how uni works in here. Every year there are two semesters: Semester 1 (March-June) and Semester 2 (July-November). The enrolment is twice a year, which is at the beginning of each semester. It works for both new and current students. And then each semester contains 12 weeks of uni, excluding a week of mid-semester break in between Week 6 and 7, and a week break before final examinations (we call it SWOT vac week). So, with the way it works, the torture begins in Week 1 for twelve weeks ahead.

I don't mean to make it sound so bad, though. Because I do enjoy uni days sometime. I like being busy with essays, research, presentation, but not going to class. It bores me to death I wish someone would kidnap me during class and save me from misery. But at the same time I have to bear with the boring lecturers and patiently listen to them and take notes. I pay a good fortune for all the courses, at least I have to gain more knowledge out of it.

So for the sake of excellent grades and better future, here I am, in uni library, checking out all the course materials that will be my bible for these coming few months. The problem is, my brain is still playing dumb and I don't get a single thing written on the lecture notes. Oh dear, this is bad, bad, bad. How do I defrost my brain so it will start working properly? Because, seriously, I was like "what the shuck is the lecturer talking about?" during the entire lecture. All of a sudden I feel like they're talking about science and space and aliens, while they're actually talking about accounting and business--the two terms I am familiar with.

Chill out. That's what my brain says to me. It's only Week 1. Oh well, whatever. I'll give it a week to whine like a bitch and then buckle up the next. 

Now, I'm going to eat and attend a lecture after. God bless, I don't fall asleep some time during the two-hour lecture with the lecturer talking about how a good manager should act (It's Managing People subject). 

Until next post.

No comments: