Unless it's photographed by me, all pictures are taken from vi.sualize.us or Google Image

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Falling Sick

I am totally wiped. Within two days my illness has stretched from sore throat to sore body, faint headache, blocked nose, and cold. I'm falling sick indeed.

Knowing that I don't have work or lecture in the morning, I slept in until 11. I woke up with puffy eyes and dizziness over my head, and I could barely stay awake the entire day. But I was able to drag myself out of bed, ate brunch (cereal with milk), and went to uni. Fortunate enough I was able to make my brain work and managed to finish the very first assignment of the semester that is due this weekend. I put together all the main points and gave it to my team mate. I let her deal with the finishing part. This indicates how sick I'm feeling because I don't usually let other people do the finishing part in group assignment, for the sake of perfection. I just never trust them. But this time, I can't be bothered. (Although, I'm quite sure I will still have a look before we submit it anyway.)

After lecture, which luckily finished 30 minutes earlier, I went home and cooked some congee with sliced ginger and spring onion. The house smelled of ginger while it's cooking. To know that I'm never a cook, it was an easy cooking. I made a bit too much of the congee so I put the rest in a container and into the fridge. I can have it tomorrow as breakfast.

This is one thing that I miss the most: having someone to cook for me, especially when I'm sick. Been living by myself for so long I learned to take care of my own self. I got used to it. But I do miss someone to take care of me. I long for it, to be honest. When I called Mum earlier, I told her I miss her cooking for me. Her reply was, that's why, if you choose to stay there (in Melbourne), you need to find someone to marry with so you won't be alone anymore. Oh wells . . . .

Speaking of someone, it's been too long I stay single. Don't you think it's about time I start looking? Hmmm . . . I'll think about it. 

I would like to write more tonight but I'm getting sleepy. So I'm closing this post. I'm going to bed and hopefully I'll feel better in the morning. Having to call in sick at work is the last thing I need when I need some extra money. I'm planning to have a trip somewhere (Great Ocean Road or Mornington) on Spring break, so yeah . . . We'll see.

Until next post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try to find you last :) get well soon