Unless it's photographed by me, all pictures are taken from vi.sualize.us or Google Image

Friday 10 April 2015

Out of Shape

Earlier this morning I overslept and was almost late for work. I literally jumped out of bed to quickly get ready. I could only manage to wash my face and brush my teeth. Once I left the house, I checked Tram Tracker on my phone to see how long the tram will be coming to the stop. It said: 3 minutes. Knowing I could miss the tram, I had to run to catch it. It was a short-distance run yet I was running out of breath once I get there. 

Then in the afternoon, after work, I was at uni. I needed to get to the class in level 6. But there were a lot of students waiting for the lifts. I was in level 2. So I thought, 4 levels. I could do with stairs. And guess what? I was out of breath by only one level. But up I went, and when I reached level 6 my legs were shaking. 

This only means one thing: I am so totally out of shape! 

No wonder I've been feeling unfit lately. Often I wake up feeling tired although I sleep for at least 6 hours. And most of the time I feel like I'm 90 years old with back sore.  

It's time to start doing some excercise. 

Before uni started this semester, I used to jogging because I had more free time. The thing is, the weather is getting cooler, making it unappealing to jog around the neighborhood. I don't know about you, but I don't like jogging in cold weather because I get nosebleed easily. Especially during winter. I was thinking about going to gym. But it means I have to sign up for membership and knowing me and my tight schedule, I don't think I would be able to regularly go to gym. Not wanting to waste money, I dropped the option. 

Then, another idea came up: swimming! It's been way too long since I did it. In fact, I haven't done it since I came here. I didn't realise, until now, that I miss swimming. It's like my favorite sport ever. Determined to do it this time, I spent the entire time commuting back to home on the tram searching for public swimming pool. I found zero result in my suburb. Not a problem. There's one in Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Center (MSAC) -- it's where my exams are held, by the way. But it's a bit too far for me. 

My only option left is Melbourne City Baths. It's in the city, next to my uni and easy access. They have indoor swimming pool facility and also permit guest visit and provide student price for only $5.20 per visit, and $10 for swimming and spa and sauna. Cheap! (Also, did I mention about how I love my student card? Yes, I did. For every student discount I can get with it, despite the ugly face of me printed on it.) 

That's it. I plan to start swimming in the very near future. Lucky I brought my swimsuit. For the preparation, I did online shopping for swimming cap (my hair is way too long to not wearing a cap). And since I left my goggle too back at home, I need to buy one. Think I can buy one from a sports store here. I'm a brand fanatic when it comes to swimming attire, especially the goggle, and I have to physically see it before I make a purchase. Not to mention that I have to like the design as well . . . (Weird, I know. But that's me, okay?)

Next is, sports bag. Well, I'm still deciding if I should buy one, or if I really need it. It's kinda pricey, mind you. Need to be wise in spending money for this one. 

Off to bed I am going now, feeling excited with the plan.

Until next post. 

2 comments:

JC said...

it would be great if you attach some pictures in it :)

Rae said...

Oops sorry, but I don't post self portrait.