Unless it's photographed by me, all pictures are taken from vi.sualize.us or Google Image

Sunday 12 April 2015

A Good Saturday

In Melbourne, it is sometimes easy to have a good conversation with a stranger. Like today (Saturday morning), I got on the tram and sat next to a woman, who I happened to have a chat with. She was a blonde and around 30's. As I took a seat next to her, she said to me, "Hi, I'm not a creep but I just wanted to let you know that you smell nice." That, totally made my day. Yey! I told her that it's probably my body spray and from there we chatted a bit more. 

She asked what body spray do I use so I told her. It's Body Shop, by the way. From there, we talked about another brands and compare them in price wise. The ones that came up were Jurlique and L'occitane. Then the conversation elaborated into my culture background, what do I do here, what do I study, which uni I go to, and so on. She then also told me a little bit about her: born in Melbourne, works in telecommunication company and likes art. 

We kept chatting until we get to city and have to part ways. I got on the connecting tram that will take me to work and she walked to wherever she needed to be. We didn't exchange names. But it makes the conversation we had somehow special. A conversation between two strangers in a public transport. With a huge grin drawn on my face, I arrived at work. 

I had to work double shifts today because Alice couldn't work. So I covered for her. Then after, I went out with my Thai friends; Nana, Momo and Ploy. We went to a Thai restaurant and bar, and had some drinks and small eats.  

Another thing about living in Melbourne is that most of the time, when I go out with friends, we always go for drinks. It doesn't mean I drink a lot. I've had my fair share of drinking-until-drop experience and I'm over it now. I know I'm lightweight and so I drink responsibly. Not to mention that it is quite expensive to have drinks here. Although, it is still affordable if you do big group and order drinks in jugs. But still, it is an expensive lifestyle to do every week.  

The drinks that we had, it was like a fruit punch -- pineapple and melon -- but there was alcohol in it, which I bet is vodka. We chatted, and by chatted I mean they talked in Thai and I listened to them, while drinking. Even though I don't understand them, it's fine by me because still it is much, much better to end a long day with friends and some drinks and just relax.


Now I'm lying in bed, after hot shower. I'm feeling tired but relaxed. It always feels nice after washing the day off. 

I'm passing out, though. It's 3 a.m. now and I remember I got an assignment report to write later. 

I'm signing out . . . Goodnight, people. 

Until next post.

No comments: