Unless it's photographed by me, all pictures are taken from vi.sualize.us or Google Image

Friday, 23 January 2015

The Last Day

Tonight Quin flies back to Portland. After three weeks of having someone next to me, I came home suddenly feeling all lonely. Lonelier than ever. All back to normal again; back to the way it used to before. Alone and quiet. I instantly miss her already and she has not even boarded the plane yet.

Looking back through the days, we both learned so many things about each other that we didn't know before. We are so much different virtually and real; both are quieter in real. It's funny because we always seem to have something to say to each other on virtual world. But in real world we spent most of the time in silence, yet I grew accustomed both to her presence and the silence between us. Despite, in fact, there are so many things I wanted to tell her. But we did have fun, non the less.

Hadn't she come here I would have done the things I did. I would have never known the joy of enjoying life. Over the past three weeks we did so many things that I couldn't keep track. Hence, this post has to jump to the last day instead of recording day-to-day. There were some nights we went clubbing and bar hopping. Two nights consecutively! We danced, partied and had drinks until 3 or 4 in the morning. It took me three Red Bulls each day to keep me alive. I haven't felt recovered fully even until this second.

Then there was a day we traveled to Ballarat. It was about an hour drive from Melbourne CBD. I remember it was the 17, because it was Nana's birthday as well. Unfortunately Tab couldn't join us as she had to work. But she did join us for Nana's dinner birthday party later in the evening. Lucky for us Roger, Nana's friend, was willing to drive us to Ballarat and even took us around. He took us to the Wildlife Park where I could finally see koalas and kangaroos up close and fed them, and many other animals.

After Wildlife Park, we continued our trip to Sovereign Hill. It was about 15 minutes drive from the zoo. In Sovereign Hill we immersed ourselves in the excitement of Ballarat's goldrush days. It re-creates Ballarat's first ten years after the discovery of gold in 1800's. It's an actual replica of Ballarat in that year; the buildings, the road, even the people are wearing old fashion from the 1800's. The place tells us the history of how the gold was found. It also shows us how the gold being processed. They took us down under the gold mine, I learned how to make candles, I saw how big the machine needed to be to produce one little coin. I definitely came out of that place feeling well educated.

Would like to post all the photos but it's going to take a long hiatus for the page to load.

In the evening we went to Jack's for a dinner and Jack was generous enough to give us a bottle of Riesling for free. Me and Tab had prepared a birthday cake for Nana secretly. I felt the true happiness that night that all of the people that mean a lot for me were together that night, laughing and having a good day. I was so happy I couldn't ask for more.

The next day I took her to Belgrave to experience Puffing Billy. We rode the train to Lakeside. What is fun was that we can sit on the edge of the train with our legs hanging outside. It was a scenic ride with high trees surrounding us. I really enjoyed it to the last bit.

With the vacation ends tonight I will miss our days together. It can be another long years until we meet again and maybe it will be my turn to visit her in Portland as most of the time she convinced me that it's a nice place. Without me realise, I have already promised myself that once I'm settled here I will start saving up for a trip to her place. And maybe the next time we meet we will be older and much wiser that we will probably laugh at all of our stupidity in our youths. Getting on each other throats and arguing, for example. Until then, we will have to wait. Impatiently. Patiently.

Until next post.

No comments: