Unless it's photographed by me, all pictures are taken from vi.sualize.us or Google Image

Sunday 11 January 2015

Day 4-5: Victoria Market, St Kilda Beach & Eureka Tower

By day 4, Quin (well, I eventually came up with a name for her and it's from the sound she pronounces her Vietnamese name), still hadn't got over her jetlag and been having restless nights. After the rave from the previous night we slept in. Actually, she did. I woke up early in the morning as usual. By the time she woke up it was already mid afternoon so we got nothing much to do.

On that day I took her to Queen Victoria Market. We got there late and they were almost close. So we just walked around the market blatantly, with no particular needs to buy anything. She ended up buying some mangoes and told me that the price was really cheap. A dollar for each.

In day 5, I took her to St Kilda Beach despite the thunderstorm that was coming as we got there. Joining us were two of my workmates. So we all went to the beach and just sat around on the sand. No one dared to dash into the water as the wind was growing in speed. Not to mention that that day there was an awful lot of group of jellyfish decided to swim to the shore. The sky was dark blue and the clouds were heavy, as if threatening to pour the rain in any second. Lightnings stroke in every bit of second. The view was amazingly beautiful actually. If it weren't for the heavy rain, we would have stayed there a bit longer. I wore the bikini for nothing.


Feeling the need to fill our stomachs, we decided to have a late lunch in a little Thai restaurant at the corner of the street, that according to my workmate served a very delicious Thai curry. And she was right. The Red Curry I had was really good.



After finishing up our food, we went for a walk at Luna Park. Well, for an amusement park it was quite empty that day. Then we were off to Eureka Tower and enjoyed the view of Melbourne from the 88th floor. The ticket price was $19 for adults and $15 for concession, including students. The picture of my face on my student card might not be the best picture of me but boy, how I love it for any discount I can get with the card.


Later in the evening we drove to Lygon Street for a snack. Quin has a thing for Italian food and so Lygon Street is one of her favorite places. Still full from lunch I got myself some gelato for $6.50 and it was really good. I'm still craving for more.


Later in the evening,  as I was lying in my bed I recalled the feeling that I felt during the day. To be honest, it was the first time I hang out with my workmates and I've been working with them for over a year now. This is a different workplace from where I work with Nana and Tab. Yes, I have two jobs, remember? All this time I've been keeping them at arm's length, not wanting them to get too close to me. I've always been strictly keeping my personal life out of the talk at work. Sometimes they would ask me some personal questions but I've learned my way to answer as little as possible. It is for the fear that they would try to dig out more about me, yet I have so many things that I'd rather keep to myself. Like my sexual preference, for example.

But that day I felt happy. I was happy. And that I've been worrying too much about them getting too personal about me and I shouldn't distance myself too far away from them. Realising that I enjoyed so much hanging out with them made me write a mental note to spare some time to go out with them. I realised now that it doesn't mean I have to spit out every single aspect of my personal life and reveal myself by hanging out with them. I'm glad I've come to realise that the fear was only in my head. And I'd be more than happy to take the chance to go out with them again sometime.

Until next post. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you enjoy your holiday,waiting your other story :)

Don't forget to take a rest!