Unless it's photographed by me, all pictures are taken from vi.sualize.us or Google Image

Saturday 3 January 2015

Day 3: Above & Beyond

It's only day 3 and I have to admit that it's getting hard to keep up with the posts. Most of the time I get home exhausted and straightly pass out. I'm getting old, ain't I?

Anyways, soon after we made up and sorted things out after the quarrel, we were ready to rave. In day 3 we went to see Above & Beyond playing in Sidney Myer Music Bowl. In my opinion, they are the best DJ in trance music. Ever. Before we went to the venue I took her for a walk around Arts Centre Melbourne and Shrine of Remembrance. By 5 p.m. we walked back to the venue. The gate opened at 6 so we waited at the park outside, chilling out and sunbathing. Gladly the wether was sunny and nice with a little cool breeze. I happily stayed in the sunlight to keep me warm. My skin is getting tanned by now and I've got tan lines across my shoulders and neck and legs. Before it was so pale that I nearly looked like a ghost; the result of months of cold and icy weather. 

When the gate opened, we went in after passing the security check. An opening DJ had started playing as people were coming in. We found a spot at front in general reserves area. After 3 opening DJ's it was finally Above & Beyond's turn. People were cheering as they walked in the stage, exciting for them to play and rock the venue. Soon as they played, the crowds went hysterical for their opening song was We're All We Need, a song from their soon-to-be-released album. The show was spectacular with awesome colorful lighting and lazers show. People sang along to the songs they played and danced excitedly. For two and a half hours A&B played and all along I danced and jumped and pumped, as though I was hypnotised. For a moment I forgot about anything and was completely in a trance as I was dancing. It was the crowds and the atmosphere, not that I was high or something. I was just simply happy at that moment. It was, indeed, the best way to enjoy the first sunset in 2015. That is the reason why I should rave more.

We both loved the show. By the time we got home I was extremely exhausted but happy. It was the very first rave we went together. Sweet, hey? It is, indeed.

There are some pictures from the day. It's not the picture of the best moments of the show, not to mention the best pictures I've ever taken. I chose to enjoy the show and sipped in every single moment and keep it for myself to always remember. I'd prefer to jump on every drop-beat instead of standing still and trying to get a good shot or record it.







Until next post.

No comments: