Unless it's photographed by me, all pictures are taken from vi.sualize.us or Google Image

Tuesday 30 December 2014

In 2015, I Will...

Credited to a colleague
I still can't sleep. So I'm just going to write some more.

Have you seen The Secret Life of Walter Mitty? You should if you haven't. It's a great and inspiring movie. Watching the movie make me think about what I have and have not done in my life.

"To see the world, things dangerous to come,
to see behind walls, draw closer,
to find each other, and to feel.
That is the purpose of life." - Walter Mitty

The quote still lingers in my head. To be honest, it's the things that I don't dare to do that bothers me. I don't dare to see the world, to face the dangerous things to come in order to do so. I don't dare to find what's behind walls and it pulls me away.

With the year approaching to the end, everyone seems to be listing their resolutions. I've been pondering if I should list a New Year's resolution. I'm not a fan of it, mostly because I'm too lazy to give it a thought. But then, after watching the movie, I realised I've been giving too much of a thought of useless shit that don't do me any good. This time I think I could really use a list of resolution for the year ahead. It could probably get me to sleep, anyway.

So, here is my 2015's resolution:

In 2015, I will GRADUATE.
In 2015, I will BE MORE GRATEFUL.
In 2015, I will GET BETTER.
In 2015, I will WORRY LESS.
In 2015, I will ENJOY MY LIFE THE WAY I WISH.
In 2015, I will FIND A BETTER JOB.
In 2015, I will TREAT MYSELF FOR ALL MY HARDOWRK.
In 2015, I will HAVE A TRIP SOMEWHERE.
In 2015, I will DEFINITELY GO TO STEREOSONIC.
In 2015, I will RAVE.
In 2015, I will READ MORE BOOKS.
In 2015, I will RE-CONNECT WITH PEOPLE.
In 2015, I will SET MYSELF FREE.

That, indeed, will be my reminder for the coming year. I will always come back to this. This should be a good vibe to start a new year. And hopefully this wouldn't be 2016's resolution. Right?

Until next post.

P.s. I'm writing this post while listening to the soundtrack of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Good songs.

No comments: