Unless it's photographed by me, all pictures are taken from vi.sualize.us or Google Image

Thursday 26 November 2015

Am I a good person?

"Hey Rae, do you think I'm a good person?" It was the question Mr. J asked me the other day during our lunch break. Why would he ask me that question, I totally have no idea. Nevertheless, I gave him my answer.

Personally, I would not weigh the good and bad of a person based on his/her deeds. For me, the definition of a good person is a person who is reliable and can be trusted. Mr. J fits my definition of good person. During these past two years working for him, we have somehow crossed the boundaries of employer and employee relationship and have become more like friends. That is how I know that I can trust him, both as employer and friend. Therefore, for me he is a good person.

The question got me thinking about myself, though. Am I a good person? Well, I'm sure the answer would vary depends on the kind of relationship I have with different people. But I would not give it too much thought about it because I don't want to waste my time to prove that I'm a good person. I would just be a good person for the people who have come across my path and stay along. It's insanely true that I can't please everyone and thus what is important is those who are significant to me.

I am definitely not a good person according to a few women who I had a one-time-fling with . . . But hey, that's another story for another time.

Until next post.

No comments: