Unless it's photographed by me, all pictures are taken from vi.sualize.us or Google Image

Monday 28 March 2016

The First Week of the Pre-training

So, I got through the first week of the pre-training and I haven't cracked a bone so far. It's a good sign, hey? Although, I have to admit it was extremely though at the start, I was sore all over my body for the whole week, I could barely get up in the morning. However, at the same time, I feel good and happier. Yes, it's a good kind of pain for me.

After completing the first week I now realise that my upper body is stronger than my lower body, therefore I use my upper body a lot more than my lower body. That's why I am focusing more on training my legs and lower back, while keeping my upper body trained as much as well.

Aside from the training, I am now completely changing my habits to healthier ones. For example, I wake up two hours earlier in the morning to do my high-intensity interval training (HIIT) on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On rest day, I do 35 minutes of walking/running or swimming. At the same time, I am also cutting off bad carbs and avoiding sweets, chocolates, deep fried food, and alcohol. In substitute, I now consume more vegetables accompanied by brown or quinoa rice. I also eat more fruits like berries, avocados and bananas. In the morning, I drink warm lemon water in an empty stomach and I have no digestion problem ever since. Bye bye constipation.

A few friends asked me why I suddenly change and do all this stuff. Well, I simply answered because I want a healthier body. I figure that if I'm going to live alone in my old days, I would like to at least stay healthy, body and mind. My decision is also supported by some good people around me. My manager, who is among them, has been quite a support and resourceful. She's been sending me all kinds of information regarding clean eating plan and healthy food recipes, and motivation. One of my friends was more than happy to do my groceries shopping and filled my cart with healthy food. I've also been stalking Aryuveda page on Facebook for health tips.

Starting today, it's my second week of the pre-training. I did my legs this morning and I could do more squats and lunges compared to the first week. Hopefully I don't get too sore tomorrow. I still have 15 weeks to go to complete the training and I am quite determined to keep going. This also reminds me to make an appointment with a chiropractor to get my body a proper check up, in order to prevent injuries since I am now doing a quite intense training. Not to mention that I injured myself a few times before and left it untreated.

This is a total change for me and it's not easy to tackle the old habits. But I'm quite hopeful and determined to keep going.

Until next post.

No comments: