Unless it's photographed by me, all pictures are taken from vi.sualize.us or Google Image

Monday 13 July 2015

Winter Adventure

This week is the last week of uni break for me. I haven't done much during break but working and catching up on series and, of course, sleeping during my days off. But today a couple of friends and I took a ride to Mount Dandenong. Our plan was to go for a walk in the forest and ascend the a thousand steps, you know, for a bit of work out. Unfortunate for us, the weather forbade to do so. It was raining and foggy and terribly cold up there. So, we ended up . . . eating. (So much for a work out, hey?)

Having wanted to try the famous Australian pie, we went to Pie In The Sky for lunch. The place has country themed design and it brought us to the countryside nuance once we were seated. The place is also quite easy to find and it only took us about 20-30 minutes drive from Carneige station. There is also public transport available running a service to that area.

Feeling a bit too hungry, we ordered pies for each one of us and a bowl of chips to share. I had the cheese minced beef pie served with peas, mashed potatoes and gravy. For a cheese lover, I loved it. And the crispiness of the pie was perfect.



Our next culinary destination was Miss Marple's Tea Room. It is located just a few minutes down the road. We headed there to try its remarkable scones and pudding. Yes, never miss a dessert.



They were having a "Christmas in July" theme and therefore the place was decorated with Christmas ornaments and Christmas song was played. They even have the fireplace lighted! For a minute it felt like it's the end of the year already. Only the true Christmas is in summer.

Anyway, if you are coming to Melbourne, you definitely ought to visit these two places and any place within the Dandenong Ranger area. I bet it would be better in summer, though.

Now, I have finally had the trip I wished for. Just when I thought it would never happen, a friend offered a ride. I guess the saying of "things happen just when you least expect it" is about right. Hopefully the next trip in summer will definitely happen, too. I haven't made a plan yet but we'll see.

Until next post.

No comments: