Unless it's photographed by me, all pictures are taken from vi.sualize.us or Google Image

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Plan A and Plan B

March is coming soon. It means two things: autumn season and uni. Although the weather is still unpredicted (it's Melbourne, come on) but lately it's been raining. Not much but it's a shower. On average the temperature is still hanging between 30 to 35 degrees. Not sure if it's gonna change as the week coming. So I'm enjoying the heat while it last.

Speaking of uni, it starts on March 2. Meaning this is the last week of summer break. My God, the break is going to be over so soon and I feel like I didn't have a break at all. Aside from having a vacation with Quinn, I have spent my days working or studying for the deferred exams. Now the exam is over, I've been working a lot. I just checked my roster and apparently I have to work double shifts for four days. Starting today. No day off. There goes my break... But what do they say about beggars? Oh right, beggars can't be choossers. So work I must. 

With uni starting soon, there's something I need to do. I need to do my class timetables. But boy I'm too lazy to do that. I haven't even checked the preliminary one (let alone done it)! Mr J, my boss, has been hovering over me, asking for my timetable because he needs everyone's timetables so he can work out a new roster. But, but and but. I'm just so lazy. Don't know why. But I'll do it eventually. Just not now. 

About my visa renewal application. I've done the medical examination on Thursday and still have to wait 5 working days for them to update the result to my online immigration account. That's the last thing that should be done. So all I do now is waiting. 

Speaking of visa. Since I'm planning on not going back to Indonesia, I'm going to apply for PR here. Well, that's plan A: apply PR straight after graduate. That if I can get all 7 in IELTS. The higher, the better. So I'm aiming at 8 (which seems impossible, damn). Plan B is to apply Graduate Visa once I graduate. It'll buy me eighteen months to stay in Australia. During the eighteen months I'll work my ass off to get a job in accounting field and/or doing IELTS until I get all 8. Or just doing any work, preferably full-time and/or doing IELTS. Then apply PR. (By the way, I'm not offering any advice or guidance. I'm just talking about my plan here. Please refer to Australian Immigration website for information.) There's no Plan C, nor Plan D and so on. 

Now let's talk about money. Rumor has it that PR application alone is going to cost applicants $3,500. So with medical examination, blood test, police check, IELTS test and I'm not sure what else, it'll cost me roughly around $5,000 to $6,000. That's for plan A. Now Plan B. According to Nana, who is applying for Graduate Visa, it cost her about $1,500 to $1,600. Well, I'll round it to $2,000. 

So getting all those money is what I have to figure out. Boy it's about time I pamper my CV again. I've landed some casual job at uni and the pay is good. Yip, I use to work for my uni casually. I'm the person who gets done whatever things needed to be done. But that's for short-term period only. For long-term period, well, I still need to figure it out. Surely I'll have to secure at least a full-time job after graduate, that's what is obvious. 

But that's all about visas. There is still tuition fee I have to worry about. I have paid around $1,200 for my student visa renewal and have gone totally broke. The tuition is due in March so I really need to save every penny I can get from any extra shift. I'm getting back all the money but still have to work my ass off. I have less than a month and am still a couple thousands short even after working nearly full-time these past few weeks. And when break is over and uni starts, I can only work for limited hours. 

How am I going to get all that money?

Bleh. I'm going to bed. 

Until next post. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Plan B sounds applicable than plan A,i'm just saying my opinion :) can't wait to see you become PR